Yesterday's happenings in Washington consumed my attention. Started off as being strictly interested in the validation of the election /electoral results because? wait..it was a 2020 happening, what could go wrong? And in the end...it almost went wrong...but it didn't, Thank the Lord above.
But in it's wake of violence, death [I am so sorry for that woman, let alone the officer supposedly who shot her] and destruction of federal property, comes a flicker from an ember. A flame of rising hope that the entire country will begin to care about itself, the elected leaders and more. Care by listening, watching, and understanding how this democracy was set up to keep us untied, not divided. To debate and disagree but not for personal reasons, but for the good of the entire country.
I am born and raised here, a Patriot who until the recent administration, believed the majority of those living here, citizens and immigrants, cared about our land and its' laws. But for the last 1800plus days, it has decayed into selfishness, ugly lies, nasty words and destruction. Destruction of lives, including deaths, of property, and more. Yesterday was the icing on the mess.
And yet, at 8pm, the embers of truth began to glow again. I wish I could've have stayed awake to hear it all, but I was exhausted from holding my breath, crying, worry and begging God to stop it all. This morning there is sunlight, and sighs of relief that the election was verified. Our country is taking it's first tentative steps to what I hope will be better days.
Forgive me for writing about current events..but somehow, this is history that now needs to be remembered as much as 9-11, World Wars, and more. Maybe remembered more as it happened here on our soil.


No comments:
Post a Comment