Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Stitching has kept me away

 No photos because its a gift I hope.  Returning to my original obsession: Counted Cross Stitch.  Something I learned at age 10 while we were at my grandparents in Denmark.  And it always draws me back in to total obsession.  

YEARS later, it is now a challenge.  Eyesight being what it can be.  That aside, the chart is one that I find confusing at best.  That adds to the challenge and dissappointment in my own stitching.  

I persist, but fear it will soon fall to the need to do pile because there are many other things I have to do.  And spending hours on one small section with nothing to show because of stop and review color/stitch/position etc.  Frustration leads to fatique quickly.  

Meanwhile, we are racing into 2021 and things are tense.  I pray our Country will remain whole and settle soon.  All this also contributes to my frustrations.  Meanwhile, do stay safe please!!

        Added :

Afterwards I did find something to share that I finished back last summer.  A project that I started over 30 years back...my sister has it hanging in her home and I wanted to do the same. sigh. Now..where to hang it??  THAT is a question.  

From Denmark, it is wool on wool. Kit was by OOE. ? 
Later the chart was published in a ladies magazine. 
My mother traveled to se her mom frequently, so I have a few boxes of patterns and kits!

No comments: